Maccabi Healthcare Services, in conjunction with
the Gertner Institute, has established the first national call
center of its kind, for the treatment of a range of chronic
conditions, in coordination with the client's primary physician
and other community-based resources.
- Rising national healthcare costs.
- Lack of treatment uniformity.
- Limited accessibility and availability.
- Recurrent/unnecessary referrals to ER.
- Low compliance rate.
- Growing shortage of professional practitioners.
Why Advanced Technology Call Center
- New approach to management of large population with complex chronic conditions and co-morbidity.
- Patient involvement in decision making for improved health outcomes.
- Better accessibility to medical advice for broad range of population.
- Effectively coordinated medical treatment and health services:
1. Cost effective
2. Productivity effective
The Target Population
- 6,000 complex chronic clients
- 4,000 stable chronic clients
- Home care of stable chronic clients
- CHF & COPD Levels: 2 unstable, 3, 4
- Remote cardiac Rehabilitation
- Stoma& chronic wound
- To provide support network to assist primary physicians.
- To coordinate and integrate care with community-based services.
- To reduce the demand for healthcare services.
- To monitor and provide care for diverse client groups with chronic conditions.
- To preserve/enhance clients' physical and mental quality of life, performance scores, compliance rates, and satisfaction.
- To empower clients and caregivers that support the care process.